Date:      Sun, 19 Apr 1998 23:17:46 -0700
From:      Marty Gordon <XXmlghomeXX@home.com>
To:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Tcl/Tk errors when making XFree86 3.3.2

I've been trying to make XFree86 3.3.2 and keep getting complaints about
missing tcl/tk functions. I've been reading the threads about make XFre86.
Is this the dynamic vs. static linking issue?

I regularly CVSUP the ports collection so I should be up-to-date.

Can someone tell me what pre-reqs or co-reqs I need to have in place to
that the make and make install will complete? I notice there are several
versions of Tk & Tcl in the ports collection. Is there one particular
version I need to get?

Also, I've noticed something open in BUGS since last year (unless I'm
searching the archives incorrectly) that seems to relate to linking
problems when making XFree86.  I'm not at my machine, so I don't have the
exact details at the moment.

Thanks,
mlghome@home.com
--