Date:      Sun, 5 Oct 1997 10:42:28 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Kwoody <kwoody@citytel.net>
To:        Brian Somers <brian@awfulhak.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: PPP log file

> Make sure you use tabs between the *.* and the file name - if you use
> spaces, syslogd ignores the line.  I've added an appropriate comment
> to the man page.
>
> I'm not sure why you're getting an error - you'll have to be a bit
> more specific about that.

Well that was it, I used spaces instead of a tab. I even looked in a bunch
of my books and while there is much about the syslog facility, none
mention using tabs to separate the file name from the other names.

The error, I would imagine, would come from when syslogd first runs on
bootup, reads the .conf file and see's spaces where there should have been
tabs.

At anyrate, learned what I needed to know about syslog now.

Thanks.