Date:      Mon, 4 Jan 2010 13:53:57 -0500
From:      Rick N <solarux@hotmail.com>
To:        <pit@joseph-a-nagy-jr.us>, <freebsd-chat@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: Greetings and Salutations

 Welcome=2C and good luck in all your endevours.
 I could never get my head around which UNIX is the real UNIX=2C yes Linux =
is a bastardized-UNIX=2C but hey=2C in the real world=2C
its whatever gets you through the nite. AT&T/BSD=2C later Sun=2C later=2C .=
.. unix(OS-wise) really is a beautiful mystery wrapped up in an enigma=20
that in itself=2C is becoming less=2C and less invisible everyday. and that=
s good.
 "Security=2C Performace=2C and/or Automation"=2C from an admin's perspecti=
ve=2C you can only pick really "1" of those.
When redhat/RHEL went the IBM dodo bird way=2C we simply moved (ALL of our =
web-servers') over to "CentOS"-linux.
 But for security=2C it has primarily been OpenBSD=2C with a smattering of =
FreeBSD for specific/historical apps.
Lately=2C OpenSolaris=2C becuase of ZFS=2C playin' around with this idea or=
 that idea=2C...=2C but who knows?
 Unfortunately=2C I'm not a developer by any means=2C i had worked primaril=
y in production server environments.

 I personally wish FreeBSD would be given much more attention than Linux=2C=
 but I'm just an admin who had to follow orders.

 I'm sure any help FreeBSD-wise will always be welcome though=2C so HI=2C a=
nd have fun.
:)

Rick.

 		 	   		 =20