Date:      Fri, 1 Jun 2007 21:08:06 -0700
From:      John Reynolds <johnjen@reynoldsnet.org>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Realtek ALC883 / ICH8 sound supported outside -CURRENT?

Hello all, a cursory study of the mailing list archives seems to indicate that
there is sound support in -CURRENT for ICH8+Realtek ALC883. True? If so, is
this support going to be MFC'ed into 6-STABLE before the next release of 6.x or
will it only go forward with 7.0-RELEASE?

I'm in the market one of the P965 motherboards and am looking at

  http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Products/Motherboard/Products_Spec.aspx?ClassValue=Motherboard&ProductID=2321&ProductName=GA-965P-S3

specifically. Anybody out there with any experience with this board related to
sound support (or any other successes / caveats)?

Thanks,

-Jr

ps: please cc: as I'm not subscribed to -multimedia

--
John & Jennifer Reynolds  johnjen at reynoldsnet.org        www.reynoldsnet.org
Structural/Physical Design - some group - Intel   jreynold at sedona.ch.intel.com
Running FreeBSD since 2.1.5-RELEASE.   KT7JCR        FreeBSD: The Power to Serve!
"Unix is user friendly, it's just particular about the friends it chooses."