Date:      Mon, 6 Nov 2000 23:01:03 +0000
From:      David Banning <david@www3.pacific-pages.com>
To:        Michael Lucas <mwlucas@blackhelicopters.org>
Cc:        david@banning.com, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: realplayer crashes after 1 minute of play

On Mon, Nov 06, 2000 at 03:41:36PM -0500, Michael Lucas wrote:
> I've had this problem, and wasn't able to fix it.
>
> In my case, the problem was because realplayer created a file in /tmp
> to store the entire stream.  /tmp filled up.  You might check a df
> when realplayer is running to see if this is what's going on.
>
> Anyone have any bright ideas?
>
> On Mon, Nov 06, 2000 at 03:05:58PM +0000, David Banning wrote:
> >
> > I just installed both the linux version of netscape
> > and the realplayer plugin - it works (realplayer)
> > but crashes - after maybe 1 minute - any idea where to go from here?

I had a similar problem as you did, only with with Wingz - /tmp would not
allow files for some reason. The problem was fixed when I
renamed /tmp to /oldtmp and then did a symlink from /tmp to /usr/tmp
so all /tmp files actually went into /usr/tmp -

There are probably complications doing this if you ever have to
run in single-user mode - but you could always put /tmp
back if needed - just an idea -

In my case with realplayer - maybe I have the same / or a different
problem as you - but I tried my previously successful idea with no
resulting fix.