Date:      Mon, 19 Dec 1994 22:04:14 +0100 (MET)
From:      Marc van Kempen <wmbfmk@urc.tue.nl>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Still problems with 2.0 and 3c579

Hi,

Despite suggestions to use the link? option to ifconfig I still can't get
the 3c579 to run on FreeBSD 2.0.

I finally tried an NE2000 I had lying around, and this worked flawlessly.
So I think network configuration errors are not the problem.

I don't know about EISA cards, but  having the port at 0x1000 seems
strange to me. Also while playing with the irq I noticed that
a dos utility would report the irq at 0xf, while FreeBSD would only recognize
the card when set to probe at 0xa. Changing the irq to 0xa with
the EISA configuration utility would not really change
anything. The card is still recognized, but still no go.

If you need more information let me know,

Regards,

Marc.