Date:      Mon, 19 Jul 2004 20:28:12 +0200
From:      Marco Trentini <mark@remotelab.org>
To:        george+freebsd@m5p.com
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: nForce3

On Mon, Jul 19, 2004 at 11:01:54AM -0700, george+freebsd@m5p.com wrote:
> Good news and bad news on my Compaq R3120US.  FreeBSD doesn't seem
> entierly happy with the Nvidia nForce3 chip; specifically the agp
> driver.  (It complains twice in the printout shown below; the second
> is from when the ltmdm port is trying to attach to the Agere modem.)

[...]

> My main question is, does anyone have patches for agp which would fix
> whatever problem is indicated by the "Unable to find NVIDIA Memeory
> Controller 1" message and let me attach to the Agere winmodem?

For AGP problem you could try AGP gart included in the
nvidia-driver port in place of FreeBSD AGP gart.

Turn off FreeBSD AGP gart (in the kernel or just as module)
and install nvidia-driver port with WITH_NVIDIA_HACKS=yes
option.

P.S. nvidia-driver port required (as default) linux-base,
check the README.Linux if you don't want it.

--
Marco Trentini                mark@remotelab.org
http://www.remotelab.org/