Date:      Sat, 3 Oct 1998 16:14:03 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Bill/Carolyn Pechter <pechter@shell.monmouth.com>
To:        jkh@time.cdrom.com (Jordan K. Hubbard)
Cc:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Congrats on the FreeBSD coverage in ;login:

Congrats to all the FreeBSD'ers who managed to get such great coverage in
;login.  Just got the Oct. 1998 issue and I love it.

Coverage included the the "Source Code Unix on the PC" article on
the FreeBSD ports system, an op-Ed piece by Jordan Hubbard
(who will chair the FREENIX track in '99)...

Additional mentions were made of Poul-Henning Kamp's papers about
timecounters and NTP, Luigi Rizzo's work with Dummynet and Forward Error
Correction (and his FreeBSD palmtop--which, according to ;login:
left him with the one major audience question -- "Where can I get
one of those?"

Branson Matheson's work on FreeBSD console servers got a nice write up.

Peter Salus mentioned the *BSD's nicely in his Free Stuff article.

I learned two things from the issue.

1.  Walnut Creek could probably sell a ton of FreeBSD palmtops 8-)
2.  I've got to find a way to get to LISA in Boston this year.

Bill