Date:      Mon, 05 Feb 2001 13:50:04 -0800
From:      Robert Kedoin <robert@kedoin.com>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   RAID motherboards ?

I am thinking about building my own small server at home and looking to use
RAID in the server. A friend strongly urges me to use FreeBSD in this new
machine.

As I begin selecting components, I was wondering if FreeBSD supports the
hardware RAID implementations on some motherboards. If it does, can you tell
me which mboards are supported ? If not, I'll just steer clear of the boards
with built-in RAID since I won't be able to use it in FreeBSD.

Thanks!

Rob Kedoin