Date:      Tue, 19 Aug 1997 16:20:31 +0000
From:      nadkins@ikonic.com (Adkins, Nathaniel)
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Boot mgr isn't working

I've got a 486DX/66 with 32MB of Ram.  Internal IDE and SCSI, and
external SCSI drives.  The machine is quad-boot
Win95/Redhat/Slackware/FreeBSD.  FreeBSD is on a Quantum 1080S.  It has
been giving me grief since day one!  The installer isn't happy with the
hard drive, especially the size so it gives it a geometry of
132/63/255.  Now, the only real problem is that when I boot, I have to
type 2:sd(1,a)kernel or it boots 2:sd(2,a)kernel and crashes.

I'd like to make that not happen anymore.  I've tried reinstalling.
I've tried giving other parameters for the geometry.  I've really tried
resetting the bootable partition with the installer.  I'm tired now.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.