Date:      Tue, 8 Sep 1998 21:46:16 +0200 (CEST)
From:      hans@artcom.de (Hans Huebner)
To:        fmaruca@Omnia.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ATM support?

Hi Fran,

In article <0D962991BD00D211A18900A0C9C8391A03ADE0@OMNIA_3> you write:
>Does anybody know if BSD has any support for FORE OC3/OC12 or Efficient
>OC3/OC12 pci adapters?  There's support for the Efficient OC3 adapter in
>Linux but I'd rather stick with BSD if at all possible.

The Efficient ENI-155p is supported with -current.  It does only support
statically configured PVC's (no signalling), so it is useable only when
all your peers are willing to install direct routes to your system.

Does anyone know whether the BSD-ATM implementation interoperates with
other CLIP implementations.  Is the AAL5 encapsulation compatible to
RFC1483?

Thanks in advance,
Hans