Date:      Tue, 07 Jul 1998 16:40:51 +0200
From:      Lucantonio Antonino <Antonino.Lucantonio@CSELT.IT>
To:        "'freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org'" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   FreeBSD 2.2.5 installation

Hi,
I would like to install FreeBSD on a PC (HP Omnibook 800CT) which has
Windows95 already installed.
I have partitioned the Hard Disk in two parts(1.3GB and 700MB FAT16) and
would install FreeBSD on the second one.
I have the Walnut Creek CD-ROM and the complete manual but I don't see
any instruction about the way to install from Windows 95.
I have tried using the directions for the MS-DOS mode but it doesn't
work (problems on memory).
I have also tried to make a boot floppy but, after the initial
configuration in visual mode, the system reboots again and the starts
again with the options about the configuration.
I would like if you give me any suggestions

Thanks in advance

A.Lucantonio

Antonino LUCANTONIO
Researcher
Switching and Network Services
Networking
Qualification
Phone +39 11 2287486
Fax +39 11 2285069
E-mail: Antonino.Lucantonio@cselt.it
Centro Studi E Laboratori Telecomunicazioni S.p.A.
Via G.Reiss Romoli 274, 10148 Torino Italy