Date:      Tue, 12 Jun 2001 22:10:45 -0700
From:      Jordan Hubbard <jkh@osd.bsdi.com>
To:        jreynold@sedona.ch.intel.com
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Making donations easier (was Re: Can't get WC to bill me right!)

From: John Reynolds~ <jreynold@sedona.ch.intel.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2001 17:33:03 -0700

> I see that section 20.2.5 of the Handbook shows that contributions can be sent
> to FreeBSD, Inc. or wired directly to a Bank of America account. I was

Whoops, I really need to fix that - FreeBSD, Inc. has been closed down
now that the FreeBSD Foundation (which I have nothing to do with
personally) is in operation and has full 501(c)3 status for providing
tax relief.  Unfortunately, it doesn't appear that the Foundation has
really done much of anything WITH that status yet since it's not
soliciting donations, but it's still the only game in town.  The core
team has asked the foundation board (Justin Gibbs, Jonathan Bresler
and John Polstra) for some sort of status on this but we're still in
the dark.

In the meantime, PLEASE do not send anything further to FreeBSD, Inc.
I've been simply returning any checks sent to it and the bank account
is closed, so attempts to wire anything to it will simply bounce back.
I'll go edit the handbook as well - I should have done that months ago
and thanks for bringing it to my attention! :(

- Jordan