Date:      Thu, 23 May 2002 01:28:14 -0500
From:      Jay <jayed@jayed.com>
To:        kris@obsecurity.org, sreese@codysbooks.com
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Infinite 'make' loops while building ports

I've just seen the same problem with libnet.

The machine in question was installed via a DP1 CD yesterday.  I updated =
it=20
about 1PM today to the latest -CURRENT.

When I saw the infinite 'make' loop (about 15...30...60 minutes ago), I=20
deleted /usr/ports on the looping machine; resynced my CVS tree on my ser=
ver,=20
cvsup'd to get /usr/ports back; and attempted to 'make build' libnet.  Sa=
me=20
thing -- the infinite 'no MD5 sum' loop.

Then I deleted the ports directory out of my CVS tree and resynced it.  W=
hile=20
I was doing that, I also re-deleted the /usr/ports dir on the looping=20
machine.  After resyncing /usr/ports with my fresh (finished updating 5=20
minutes ago) CVS tree, I still see the same problem.

Jay

On Wed, May 22, 2002 at 06:21:22PM -0700, Scott Reese wrote:
> Hello,
>=3D20
> I just upgraded my 4-STABLE machine to -CURRENT via source.  Everything
> seemed to go smoothly and things are running fine, EXCEPT when I try to
> build *any* of the ports in the ports collection.  Every time I run
> 'make' it gets stuck in an infinite loop and doesn't build the port.=3D=
20
> Some examples:

Are you sure you have an up-to-date ports collection?  This bug was
fixed a few weeks ago.

Kris