Date:      Thu, 7 May 1998 06:52:01 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Chuck Robey <chuckr@glue.umd.edu>
To:        "John R. Dodd" <johnd@pathcom.com>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 2.1.5

On Wed, 6 May 1998, John R. Dodd wrote:

> I have an Intel based 2.1.5 August 1996 CD ROM set from Walnut Creek. I
> installed it some months ago but had to to clobber the disk to install Free
> SCO Openserver.
>
> I have another disk I can now use to install FreeBSD. I probably won't get
> up to much, maybe try SAMBA, see if I can browse the Web via ppp. Perhaps
> run Apache server for an intranet.
>
> Anyway is 2.1.5 still a reasonable port to use?

2.1.5 is very old now, 2.2.6 is the latest, and you really ought to use
it, many bugfixes and new features exist.  When you run into troubles
with 2.1.5, the fix is going to be to upgrade to 2.2.6 anyhow.

> Thanks

213 Lakeside Drive Apt T-1  |
Greenbelt, MD 20770         | I run Journey2 and picnic (FreeBSD-current)
(301) 220-2114              | and jaunt (NetBSD).