Date:      Mon, 13 Aug 2001 07:19:41 -0400 (EDT)
From:      NS Kandah <nkandah@nc.rr.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   preparing to install

I am dying to put FreeBSD on my primary home machine. It currently has two
IDE drives, both on the primary IDE controller, a master and a slave. The
slave currently has Redhat Linux 7.1 on it. I want to put FreeBSD on the
slave, and I tried it before, but after the installation was completed,
successfully I presume, I was not presented with a boot manager so I can
fire up my FreeBSD install.

I need to install the boot manager in the MBR of the primary master drive,
correct? Do I also need to install it in the MBR of the primary slave? I
never understood my mistake the last time I attempted a dual boot Win98 /
FreeBSD machine. Any insights would be most appreciated.

Yours,
--
NS Kandah
nkandah@nc.rr.com