Date:      Wed, 8 Mar 2006 14:40:59 +0000
From:      Roman Bogorodskiy <novel@freebsd.org>
To:        "ml@sd2i.com" <ml@sd2i.com>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: wzdftpd compile error

--y0ulUmNC+osPPQO6

  ml@sd2i.com wrote:

> Ok after google'ing a bit and some searches in the porter's handbook i=20
> found a way to go, by adding the following in the port's Makefile :
>=20
> CFLAGS+=3D        -liconv
>=20
> I'm quite sure this is not the best way, but it works... I would=20
> appreciate any comment on that.

That happens because wzdftpd used to have utf8 disabled by default. But
now it's enabled by default, but in OPTIONS UTF8 is OFF. That way, when
one tries to build it with default OPTIONS, wzdftpd needs iconv, but
port's Makefile doesn't set USE_ICONV. My fault.

Workaround: make config and enable UTF8.
Fix: http://people.freebsd.org/~novel/misc/wzdftpd-iconv.diff

Roman Bogorodskiy

--y0ulUmNC+osPPQO6

--y0ulUmNC+osPPQO6--