Date:      Tue, 28 Feb 2006 16:57:47 -0800
From:      Nate Lawson <nate@root.org>
To:        Marcus Alves Grando <mnag@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        FreeBSD Stable <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: sysctl: dev.cpu.0.freq: Device busy (cpufreq p4tcc / RELENG_6)

I'll approve a commit if you send me a patch.  Add something like this
to the SYSCTL VARIABLES section:

The frequency cannot be changed if TSC is in use as the timecounter.
This is because the timecounter system needs to use a source that has a
constant rate.  The timecounter source can be changed with the
kern.timecounter.hardware sysctl.

--
Nate