Date:      Wed, 24 Jul 1996 22:30:14 +1000 (EST)
From:      Adam Frey <adam@eden.apana.org.au>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Followup to libg++ question

A while ago I said:

> I am running a FreeBSD 2.1.0 system and have just come to need to use some
> libg++ classes, specifically the "Plex" classes. These classes are
> typically stored in /usr/include/g++/gen and are generated for use using
> the genclass utility. All of this comes in the libg++ source distributions.
> However it is missing from my FreeBSD installation and it does not appear
> to be available in the distribution or in a port or package or any such
> thing.
>
> So I ask for recommendation as to how to proceed first, and answers as to
> why this stuff is not there second.
>
> I could just compile and install the libg++ src but would rather not if
> there was a neater solution.

I have done some followup research, mostly reading old mailing list stuff.

It seems from what I can gather that much of the libg++ package is not
included in 2.1.0 because of compilation problems.

If this is true then
a) Is there any release that does include it all
b) If not, is there any know way to get it working on a 2.1.0 system?

Note that what I am looking for specifically are the classes in the gen/
subdirectory and the genclasss utility.

Thanks in advance for any help

--
- Adam Frey            adam@eden.apana.org.au          Melbourne Australia  -