Date:      Thu, 15 May 2008 10:12:13 +0200
From:      "Michiel Detailleur" <michiel.detailleur@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-java@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   JDK16

Dear FreeBSD Java Project developer(s),

I'm mailing you to ask about the status of version 1.6 of the Java JDK
in FreeBSD. More in particular the java/jdk16 port. I find this a very
useful port and I'm really happy that it makes the latest Java JDK so
easily available.

However, the JDK16 version in the port is still on Update3, while Sun
has already released Update6. This latest updates contain numerous
important bugfixes and feature additions, one of which is of
particular interest to us (us would be 'Scouts en Gidsen Vlaanderen',
a Belgian/Flemish scouting organisation). It would of course be very
nice if we could get these latest updates (though just Update4 would
already be sufficient for us) via the ports system.

Would you be so kind to shed some light on a possible planning or
current progress for updating this port? Mind you, I'm not asking you
to 'update or fix this at once!', I'm totally aware that this is a
voluntary project. I'm just asking if there are any plans for updating
so we can adjust our plans if necessary.

With kind regards,

Michiel

PS: I have already sent a similar email to the official port
maintainer at glewis@freebsd.org from a different email address. I'm
sorry if this email ends up at your address again. I do not want to
appear rude or impatient, I just want to make sure this email is in
fact received by the right person.

--
Michiel Detailleur
Medewerker Webtoepassingen