Date:      Fri, 18 Oct 2002 16:53:41 -0400
From:      "Jim McGrath" <jimmcgra@bellatlantic.net>
To:        "Kelly Yancey" <kbyanc@posi.net>, "Luigi Rizzo" <rizzo@icir.org>
Cc:        "Petri Helenius" <pete@he.iki.fi>, "Lars Eggert" <larse@ISI.EDU>, <freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: ENOBUFS

I was testing the wx driver with an 82544 based NIC.  Small packets were
used to allow very high packet rates.  I was experimenting with various
values of RIDV.  The problem I experienced was 82544 chip lockup when RIDV
was nonzero and packet rate was high.  Small packets were never a problem by
themselves.

Jim