Date:      Sat, 15 Oct 2011 10:38:35 -0700
From:      Waitman Gobble <gobble.wa@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: boost issue freebsd 8.2 (32 bit) - infinite loop of boost

Hi,

I identified the problem - the build script insists on fetching boost from
heanet.dl.sourceforge.net -- for some reason this hangs indefinitely from my
connection. ie, wget
http://heanet.dl.sourceforge.net/project/boost/boost/1.45.0/boost_1_45_0.tar.bz2resolves
and connects but never transfers any data. (from my IP however if i
try it from another network it works..).

Manually fetching from
http://downloads.sourceforge.net/project/boost/boost/1.45.0/boost_1_45_0.tar.bz2
and putting in /usr/ports/distfiles solves the problem... I'm not sure
why
heanet host doesn't like my IP (or something else?)

Anyway, I noticed I made some typos in my previous email, "34" should have
been "45". (boost_1_45_0 not boost_1_34_0). late night. lol.

Waitman