Date:      Thu, 03 Sep 1998 21:40:15 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        Garry Paul Cramins <gc9773@batelco.com.bh>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: SMP Compliant Kernel?

>     I am currently running FreeBSD 2.2.6 on my Tyan Dual 120 MHZ system
> and am curious as to when the "Stable" release will incorporate SMP.  It

SMP will never be in -stable.  It would represent far too much of an
architectural change and is not in keeping with -stable's charter of
relatively small, incremental features (evolution rather than
revolution).  I'm afraid that if SMP is what you want, you're going to
have to wait until 3.0 enters it's own -stable phase in Q1 99.

- Jordan