Date:      Wed, 2 Feb 2000 09:07:21 -0400 (AST)
From:      The Hermit Hacker <scrappy@hub.org>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Quake running on IPv6 over CA*net 3 (fwd)

Just something that I thought might be of interest, assuming that nobody
knew about it already?

==================
Subject:        	Quake running on IPv6 over CA*net 3

Good day,
 On Jan 13th 3h10 am, we played what we think is the first IPv6
multiuser game: the well-known quake using IPv6.

Quake source (the quakeforge version) was ported to Freebsd and
then ported to freebsd-kame-ipv6 and solaris8-ipv6-ready. Some
code was based on ipv6 code for linux-quake from Pontus Lidman
(Thanks Pontus). We are currently porting the NT version with the
MSR NT stack. Information on the port and source code is
available in english at http://www.viagenie.qc.ca/en/quake.shtml
and en français à http://www.viagenie.qc.ca/en/quake.shtml .  Port
was done by Florent Parent and André Cormier of Viagénie.

 A quake-ipv6 server (running solaris8-ipv6) is available to the
community: quake.ipv6.viagenie.qc.ca, so people can play together
using IPv6.  It is a IPv6-only server: no IPv4.  If you need IPv6
connectivity for your computer, you can use our freenet6 service:
http://www.freenet6.net.

If you want to play with us, the crew here is scheduled to play
every friday 16h00 EST (GMT -5:00 I think).

 comments, support and suggestions are welcome at:
quake-v6@viagenie.qc.ca