Date:      Mon, 07 Oct 2002 16:09:35 -0700
From:      "Kevin Oberman" <oberman@es.net>
To:        Chip Wiegand <chip@wiegand.org>
Cc:        Questions FreeBSD <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: portupgrade freetype2 problem

> From: Chip Wiegand <chip@wiegand.org>
> Date: 07 Oct 2002 16:01:35 -0700
> Sender: owner-freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
>
> I am trying to use portupgrade to upgrade freetype2 but am getting this
> error:
>
> chip# portupgrade freetype2
> [Updating the pkgdb <format:bdb1_btree> in /var/db/pkg ... - 214
> packages found (-0 +1) . done]
> --->  Skipping 'print/freetype2' (freetype2-2.1.1) which has already
> been ignored
> ** The following packages were not installed or upgraded (*:skipped /
> !:failed)
>         * print/freetype2 (freetype2-2.1.1)
>
> What do I have to do to fix this?

Try "portversion -v | grep freetype2"

I suspect that two versions are installed. You can "fix" this in two
ways. (The first is really a work-around.)

1. Run pkgdb -F and delete the old port when asked. This only deleted
   the port from the database. It does not delete any files.

2. pkg_delete -f freetype2-\*
   portinstall freetype2

The second method insures that everything is completely clean while
the former may leave some old cruft around.

R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)