Date:      Sat, 12 Jan 2002 11:49:46 -0700
From:      John E Hein <jhein@timing.com>
To:        <keramida@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: docs/32008: wrong path for dhclient.conf in dhclient-script(8)

keramida@FreeBSD.org wrote at 21:07 -0800 on Jan 11:
 > The change is OK, but it should be sent to the dhcp-client developers,
 > so that the next import of the code will put it cleanly in FreeBSD.

I'd agree *if* the problem was on the vendor branch of the contrib source.
 However, the problem is in a commit that obrien made to the main trunk.
 (see original Description).  The problem (bogus path for dhclient.conf)
 is still there on the main trunk, so this PR should not be closed IMO:

cvs update -p -rHEAD dhclient-script.8 | grep dhclient.conf
Checking out dhclient-script.8
RCS:  /base/FreeBSD-CVS/src/contrib/isc-dhcp/client/dhclient-script.8,v
VERS: 1.5
.B /sbin/dhclient.conf
.B /sbin/dhclient.conf
If an IP alias has been declared in dhclient.conf, its address will be
dhclient.conf(5), dhclient.leases(5), dhclient(8), dhcpd(8), and dhcrelay(8).

The vendor branch is [more] right:

cvs update -p -r1.1.1 dhclient-script.8 | grep dhclient.conf
Checking out dhclient-script.8
RCS:  /base/FreeBSD-CVS/src/contrib/isc-dhcp/client/dhclient-script.8,v
VERS: 1.1.1.4