Date:      Fri, 23 Jun 1995 00:47:32 -0700
From:      Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
To:        Edward Wang <edward@edcom.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Java

>>> Edward Wang said:
 > Is anyone working on a port of Java?
 > Wanna do it?
 >
 > (I've sent a similar query to the Java-Porting list.)

A bit more of low level work however Guile is available in the ports/lang
offers what it looks like the start of a Java language implementation.
Guile is basically scheme. At any Guile guile also has a syntax
similar to c.

Why is Guile a bit more work? mostly because is a new project however,
it compile on my freebsd box with very little hazzles. You can't
say that about Java.

IMHO, Guile with its multiple personalities is worth looking into.

	Amancio