Date:      Sun, 1 Jun 1997 18:09:24 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Tom Samplonius <tom@sdf.com>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Cc:        Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: LINT and GENERIC - between a rock and a generic place.

On Sun, 1 Jun 1997, Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:

> >   Am I right in assuming that the only two items that need to be changable
> > are:
> >
> >  - max num of open files (which is based on maxusers now)
> >  - number of mbuf clusters (which is based on maxusers too)
>
> and CHILD_MAX.
>
> 					Jordan

  Maybe we should just have a "large" GENERIC with maxusers bumped to 128?
This would give you more files, more processes, and more mbufs, which are
the things that any kind of server config needs.  Everything else can be
done with login.conf, like news server configs, etc.

  My point about kernel configuration is that, everyone believes the
kernel should be more dynamic, so why spend time building a config file
builder?

Tom