Date:      Thu, 24 Jun 1999 21:02:43 +0100
From:      Stuart Henderson <stuart@eclipse.net.uk>
To:        Leif Neland <leifn@neland.dk>, freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: why not uucp, instead of smtp and static ip?

> I just wonder, when holding mail for a domain, which picks it
> up by dialin and doing smtp/etrn, one almost is forced to issue
> static ip's.

Unless you can keep tables of who is online and which IP address
they have up to date, presumably based on radius authentication
requests, and use a mailer which can look at a dynamic source for
map lookups (maybe sql or dbm - I think ldap is too heavyweight at
db writes to be particularly good here).