Date:      Sun, 6 Jun 1999 23:41:50 +0800
From:      Chung-Kie Tung <tung@turtle.ee.ncku.edu.tw>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   how to set polling mode as default for lpt?

Hello...

I am running FreeBSD 3.1, and the new printer driver is default set to
interrupt mode. Cause there are always some data missing when printing
with interrupt mode, I'd like to use polling as the default.

When using lptcontrol in /etc/rc.local to set printer mode, it works
only if the printer is powered on. How can I set the nlpt device in kernel
config file to make the polling mode the default?

Thanks.

tung