Date:      Mon, 27 Sep 1999 14:11:56 +0400
From:      Alexey Zelkin <phantom@cris.net>
To:        Mike Pritchard <mpp@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        "Steven G. Kargl" <kargl@troutmask.apl.washington.edu>, freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.org, FreeBSD-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: docs/13333: remove rtld(1) XREF in dlopen.3

hi,

On Mon, Sep 27, 1999 at 05:38:00AM -0500, Mike Pritchard wrote:

> > > Sure.  Close the PR.
> > Ok.
>
> Only after removing the refernce to rtld(1) :-).
Maybe we just should replace rtld(1) reference with ld.so(1) reference ?
I not sure that dinamic linker routine dlopen(3) not referencing dinamic
loader (ld.so(1)). Just for note: we still have no elf(5) manpage (but as I
know it's in progress) and we still have no ELF dinamic loader (ld-elf.so(1)).

It means that we will not remove rtld(1) refernce, but create rtld(1)
manpage (which by default will describe ELF format). And current rtld(1)
manpage (a.out) will be installed under share/man/man1aout.

Any correction for MHO ?

> rtld(1) isn't installed by default anymore, so it shouldn't be xrefed.
> I've done *many* "make world"'s in the last 5 months or so, and the last time
> rtld(1) was installed was last May (about when I upgraded my main machine
Yes. About this time AOUT world building was tunred off by default.

--
/* Alexey Zelkin                       && phantom@cris.net    */
/* Tavric National University          && phantom@crimea.edu  */