Date:      Sat, 22 Nov 2014 17:30:02 +0100
From:      =?windows-1252?Q?Jean-S=E9bastien_P=E9dron?= <jean-sebastien.pedron@dumbbell.fr>
To:        freebsd-x11@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: DRI not working, AMD E 300 with Radeon HD 6310

On 21.11.2014 10:22, Felix Palmen wrote:
> Hello all,

Hi!

> as already stated, I have it working now.

Great :) I read that it's not working if you load the modules from the
loader. I have no idea what the differences are in this case.

> But there is still a little annoyance: The blur module for
> semi-transparent windows in KDE4 does not work properly. Compositing
> type is "OpenGL 3.1" and there's no difference between using "native"
> or "raster" Qt graphics system. As soon as the blur effect is
> activated, it looks like it is taking a solid gray image instead of
> the real visible content behind the window.

Maybe try to rebuild graphics/dri with the TEXTURE option enabled.
Without this option, Mesa only advertises OpenGL 2.1. Unfortunately,
it's not enabled by default currently because it's covered by a patent.

--
Jean-Sébastien Pédron