Date:      Wed, 26 May 1999 22:15:44 -0400
From:      "Korvus" <korvus@tasam.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   dummynet crashes

My friend asked me to post this problem to the questions list on his behalf:

> When dummynet (bandwidth limiting and piping
> thing) is used under fbsd 3.1-release it seems to crash alot.
> It also seems that it never crashes when you run ipfw.setup (our
> script that sets the pipes and assigns rules to those pipes) the first
> time, but when it is run again durring the same boot, it crashes.

If anyone knows anything about dummynet, please send an email my way.  The
only messages I could find in my personal archive of this list involve
people talking about how their server crashes when they have dummynet
compiled in....  Thanks...

         - Jeff Poole