Date:      Sun, 19 Sep 1999 12:50:09 +1000
From:      amy@magellan.tip.CSIRO.AU
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   StarOffice 5.1 (Sun version) on 3.3-STABLE

Hi,

I am attempting to install the Sun version of StarOffice 5.1 (for Linux) on
my FreeBSD 3.3-STABLE (CVSup'ed on the 18-SEP-1999) SMP box.  The "net"
install worked fine (into /usr/local/Office51).  The problem happens when
running the per-user setup.  It gets about 99% into the setup and then
hangs.

As far as I can tell it isn't an X11 problem, my home directory is NFS
mounted of a 2.2.8-STABLE box but the problem still exists with a local home
directory (so it isn't an NFS or locking issue - a long shot anyway).

I get a ton of kernel messages such as:

   /kernel: shared address space fork attempted: pid: 281
   /kernel: cmd setup.bin pid 281 tried to use non-present sched_yield
   last message repeated 1926 times

Has anyone seen this and more importantly does anyone have any ideas on how
to work around this.

It all seemed to be going so well - I thought one I got the "net" setup to
work the user side of things would be trivial :-)  So close and yet so far!

Many thanks, Shaun.