Date:      Mon, 6 Feb 2017 21:15:58 -0500
From:      Vincent Olivier <vincent@up4.com>
To:        FreeBSD virtualization <freebsd-virtualization@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: tap on lagg ?

Hi Ruben,

Thanks for this.

> Le 6 f=C3=A9vr. 2017 =C3=A0 17:14, Ruben <mail@osfux.nl> a =C3=A9crit =
:
>=20
> Hi Vincent,
>=20
> I have multiple machines on which 2 or more nics make up a LACP lagg
> with vlans on it. Those vlan interfaces are in bridges together with =
the
> tap interfaces that are in use by bhyve vms.
>=20
> Works as long as I "up" the nics in a specific fasion ( " -tso4 -lro
> -vlanhwtag " ) . This works on 10.3 and 11.0 as far as I'm aware and I
> have never experienced problems with it (Intel / AMD / em driver / bce
> driver, re driver , all kinds of combinations).

Didn=E2=80=99t try it it with disabling the tso/lro/vlanhwtagging =
features. Will try again with those disabled.

> I have no experience in comparable setups without the vlan "layer" =
though.

My setup didn=E2=80=99t involve vlans, only this: tap <=E2=80=94> bridge =
<=E2=80=94> lagg <=E2=80=94> igb0, igb1, igb2, igb3

Do you think that could be it? I have no need for a vlan here, though=E2=80=
=A6

> What seems to be your predicament?

The tap would fail to =C2=AB up =C2=BB with an error message (that I =
forgot to note).

I will try to do it again with the aforementioned features disabled (but =
without a vlan layer) and report back here.

Vincent=