Date:      Fri, 3 Mar 1995 21:45:02 +0800 (CST)
From:      Brian Tao <taob@gate.sinica.edu.tw>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@freefall.cdrom.com>
Cc:        HOSOKAWA Tatsumi <hosokawa@mt.cs.keio.ac.jp>, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: "Giant Step" GIF test version

On Thu, 2 Mar 1995, Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:

> Well, I agree with all of the above and would like to add the
> following: The wording "One small step for UN*X, one giant step for
> PCs" just doesn't do it for me, I'm afraid.

    Works for me, *shrug*.

> Creek CDROM who looked at it felt similarly.  They didn't like the
> wording and it was generally felt that the image was too obscure -
> just a shadow and a footprint.

    If you had the little daemon superimposed on a photograph of the
lunar surface with the Earth and sun in the background, wouldn't he look
"out of place"?  Not to say that daemons-in-space are an everyday
occurence... ;-)  He's a cartoon character, but the photograph is
"real".  Unless you did some creative RogerRabbit-style shading, it might
look like a bad paste-up job.  The shadow fits in perfectly with the rest
of the scenery.  Then again, I am confident Mr. Hosokawa's talent will
surmount any difficulty.  :)

> on the horizon! :-)  The daemon could even be in a space-suit, the
> helmet having "horns" of course! :-)

    Since when did daemons need space suits?!?  Maybe just give him a
Jetson's bubble helmet with two circular cutouts for his horns.
Definitely gotta keep the tennis shoes though.  :)