Date:      Tue, 03 Mar 2009 19:17:36 +0900
From:      Daichi GOTO <daichi@ongs.co.jp>
To:        Maho NAKATA <chat95@mac.com>
Cc:        java@freebsd.org, glewis@FreeBSD.org, toshi@ruby.ocn.ne.jp, leafy7382@gmail.com, jkim@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Japanese font conf for JDK16 to use IPA font

Maho NAKATA wrote:
> Daichi san
>
> Sorry for changing my mind...this is just suggestion.
> IPA font is good but license is too restrictive.

NO. That is old information. Please check latest IPAfont license.
We can use it as default font right now I guess.

> VLGothic is free font and ubuntu uses as user interface font.
> Fallback to VLGothic may useful for some environment.

NO. I do not think so.

Ubuntu use VLGothic as default Japanese font since license issue,
yes I know that. (JFYI, PC-BSD use it as default Japanese/Chinese
font too, because of 1CD size limitation.)  But it is lead by
Ubuntu *BINARY PACKAGE SITUATION* and their license policy, that is
not affected to Ports Collection of FreeBSD.

So I believe that IPA font should be used as default Japanese
fonts on most situation, at least by Ports Collection.
How do you make of that?

--
   Daichi GOTO, http://people.freebsd.org/~daichi