Date:      Tue, 08 May 2007 17:38:25 +0200
From:      Torfinn Ingolfsen <torfinn.ingolfsen@broadpark.no>
To:        freebsd-amd64@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: How to make Apache (2.2.4) less greedy, or Sendmail less polite? [semi-solved]

On Tue, 08 May 2007 14:51:45 +0200
Olaf Greve <o.greve@axis.nl> wrote:

> commercial spam, referring to vi*gr* websites, etc. I think this is
> known as "forum spam" (or so), but my site uses custom scripts, so
> someone must have found the URL, and made use of it by manually
> figuring out the parameters and it's functionality.

Not necessarily. They just use the brute force approach; any input field
on a web page will be tried to see if they can input the spam message
in there. They just don't care if it works or not.
Thus, today, any web page with an inut field needs either
a) validation of input
b) anti-spam measures (like CAPTHCA or something)
or preferably both.
--
Regards,
Torfinn Ingolfsen,