Date:      Thu, 18 Jul 2002 14:48:11 +0200
From:      Andreas Ntaflos <ant@overclockers.at>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   RoamAbout Cabletron 802.11 nic not supported anymore?

Hello,
  I have a RoamAbout Cabletron 802.11 wireless pccard, and it used to
  work, or at least it used to be detected by FreeBSD in the past
  (4.4-STABLE I think) on my Laptop (Toshiba Satellite 3000-100).
  Now, I have 4.6-STABLE running quite fine, but whenever I insert
  the card, I just get the message "pccard: card inserted, slot 0" or
  something like that. The wifi card itself does not get detected or
  identified which used to be the case half a year ago or so.

  I have the "device wi" in my kernel config file, but that doesn't
  seem to mean anything to it. wicontrol doesn't work either when the
  card is inserted (of course it does not since nothing gets detected
  by the system, except for a pccard :) ), it gives me a "wicontrol:
  SIOCGWAVELAN: Device not configured".

  So what's it with this? From /etc/defaults/pccard.conf I think the
  card is supported, but I can't seem to get it right. Is it supported
  or not is my question now, and if it is, what am I missing?

  Thanks in advance
regards
--
	Andreas "ant" Ntaflos