Date:      Fri, 04 Dec 1998 10:50:48 +0900
From:      Jun-ichiro itojun Itoh <itojun@iijlab.net>
To:        "Open Systems Inc." <opsys@open-systems.net>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, Eivind Eklund <eivind@yes.no>, "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.cdrom.com>
Subject:   Re: Can we just come to a decision on IPv6 and IPSec?

>I think the point thats been made about WHO is going to maintain this code
>should as well be taken into consideration.
>KAME promises to maintain it upto and until the project ends in 2000.
>Then what? Are any KAME folks commiters? If so are those committers
>willing to say they will maintain the code after 2K?

	Notes about the above:
	"Project ends in 2K" is a initial plan (the project is started as
	2-year project.  Core workers are really like the KAME project's
	goals and environment, and would like to continue doing this work.
	It depends on:
	- success/failure of newer protocols such as IPv6/IPsec.
	- how people who write paychecks to core workers thinks.
	I believe the former item is okay:-) and the latter item should be
	solved in 1999.

	Anyway, even if the project ends, I certainly will maintain KAME tree
	(KAME was maintained in my home last year) and I'm a FreeBSD committer.

itojun@itojun.org
jun-ichiro itoh