Date:      Fri, 02 Feb 2001 04:10:42 -0500
From:      Mike Tancsa <mike@sentex.net>
To:        Soren Schmidt <sos@freebsd.dk>
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ast0: TAPE <OnStream DI-30>

At 09:08 AM 2/2/01 +0100, Soren Schmidt wrote:

>Well, as I said, supporting it is not impossible, its just "different"
>from the way most *ix drivers like things. However if this is important
>to you or somebody else, I could be persuaded into looking at this...

I differ to your judgement of course.  If the drive is hopelessly broken
from a design point of view, then there does not seem to be much point in
supporting it.  But if it can work to a reasonable degree, then I am all
for it.  Like I said before, its potentially low cost combined with their
claimed reliability of their media over travan tape technology do make it
potentially appealing for certain applications.

         ---Mike