Date:      Tue, 19 Aug 1997 19:28:57 -0400
From:      Randall Hopper <rhh@ct.picker.com>
To:        accent <root@inficad.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: AWE32 Support and FreeBSD 2.2.1

accent:
 |Are there any special configurations for AWE32 support in FreeBSD 2.2.1?
 |I have recompiled the kernel with the lines
 |snd0 and sb0 but it did not recognize awe0? Any suggestions?
 |Also is xcdplayer a good application for audio CD's??
 |When I run it I get "device not configured", is this due to the kernel
 |support ??

By "it did not recognize awe0", if you mean on boot the probes did not
detect the awe0 device (your AWE32), then you probably have a PnP card.
You'll need to use Sujal's ISA PnP tools in your kernel to get it inited;
then the awe driver will find it:

     ftp://rah.star-gate.com/pub/FreeBSD-ISA_PnP_June8.tar.gz

Then glance at:

     http://multiverse.com/~rhh/awedrv

for utilities and driver updates to get the most out of your AWE under
FreeBSD.

Randall