Date:      Wed, 5 Dec 2007 10:11:29 +0100
From:      Olivier Certner <olivier.freebsduser@free.fr>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Cc:        David Southwell <david@vizion2000.net>, "Aryeh M. Friedman" <aryeh.friedman@gmail.com>, Ade Lovett <ade@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: [RFC/P] Port System Re-Engineering

Le lundi 03 d=E9cembre 2007 19:37, Ade Lovett a =E9crit=A0:
> I'll thank you for not putting words into my mouth.

	Actually, we will thank you for not putting any more words in your own mou=
th.

> You seem unable to grasp even basic statistical fundamentals of what a
> survey entails, and have repeatedly worked on the basis that somehow
> anyone who even points out the simplest of flaws is part of the "them"
> camp.

	You seem to be the average geek fundamentally unable to head up and look a=
t=20
the real world around you. Statistics are simply not the point. Aryeh is=20
trying to gather new ideas, possibly different from his own. If they are=20
representative, it's a plus. But who cares if he doesn't manage to gather=20
enough information? He is not doing a poll on behalf of any company that=20
would like "perfectly detailed" results, AFAIK.

> This is not "us vs them".  You've decided to take on, as countless
> others before you have done, an attempt at changing status quo without
> providing even the basics, let alone prototypes, as to how it *might*
> be done.

	They are not talking about "how" but "what" might be done, something you e=
ven=20
didn't mention in your own mails.

> Quite frankly, this appears to be nothing more than random thoughts,
> with not even an iota of concrete information to back it up.
>
> Naturally, I can't speak for the FreeBSD community at large, but from
> this keyboards perspective, you're doing nothing other than wasting
> time.
>
> Prove me wrong.  Consider it a challenge.

	Who are you to deserve that someone would have to cope with stupid challen=
ges=20
in order to obtain answers from you? You don't want to give your opinion, d=
o=20
you? That's fine. It simply won't be taken into account. But, please, leave=
=20
away from discouraging others or trying to make them waste their time.

	And just a final word about your older statements:

> Just exactly what have you done for FreeBSD to the point where you
> believe you are able to state such a sentence?  I certainly wouldn't
> dream of writing something like this -- you can check ports/ commit
> logs for my background.

	Do you really think your "background" will protect you from criticism? Do =
you=20
really think quantity is related to quality?

	At least, you've left this thread, and that's better for everybody. Please=
=20
consider growing up before posting such null and void answers.

		Olivier Certner