Date:      Thu, 27 Feb 2003 09:45:43 -0800
From:      "Robert English" <drakcap@pacbell.net>
To:        <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Runaway Galeon!

I've had a functioning Galeon 1.2.8 (on FreeBSD 4.7 from a buildworld on Feb
11, using KDE 3.1), even after the "Xft" upgrade some days ago now, until
last night.  After what was apparently a successful run of Galeon, and
shutting down the browser but leaving the KDE desktop running, I left the
terminal for about two hours; when I came back I found the text-terminal
log-in prompt waiting for me - it had spontaneously rebooted itself about
thirty minutes after I left it, judging from the uptime reading I got after
I logged in.  After starting another X session and getting my KDE desktop
back, I started Galeon again and it started continuously opening windows for
itself.  Right-clicking on the taskbar and choosing "close all" took it back
to the first window but it would start building up windows again.  I have
never had to use the "kill process" option before, but had to with this to
get it to stop. (It reached 110 open instances at one point.)

Mozilla doesn't start at all now - after logging out of KDE I see the error
message that Mozilla left, which is the same one that others have been
getting about no open window found.

I'm in the process of reinstalling Mozilla, which will take a couple of
hours of compile time, but don't know if this is going to fix the problem or
not.  I'll report back with what I find.

Anyone else have this happen?