Date:      Fri, 20 Jun 1997 11:15:58 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Cc:        Mike Tancsa <mike@sentex.net>, freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: make world error in RELENG_2_2

In message <26034.866784427@time.cdrom.com> "Jordan K. Hubbard" writes:
: That's just the nature of the beast, and if anything I'd say that
: FreeBSD has one of the _easiest_ build systems to understand.

Yes.  Much nicer and generally does the right thing automatically more
often than the OpenBSD system I have.  And a whole lot easier than it
was back in the 1.0R days when it was a real pain.

Building a system on a live system is an inherantly dangerous
operation.  The fact that it works (or seems to) as well as it does is
nothng short of unbelievable.

Finally, make world isn't a complete upgrade.  It doesn't do anything
to your /etc files so you have to merge them by hand.

Warner