Date:      Fri, 17 Jun 2016 08:53:15 +0100
From:      Matthew Seaman <matthew@FreeBSD.org>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: new certificate for svn.freebsd.org?

--gfs9GqiEM2EuOw8lHwg7prFjESq6gImmL
From: Matthew Seaman <matthew@FreeBSD.org>
To: freebsd-stable@freebsd.org

--aGIDiUQdk13jFHp9OmuQ92Hjir7bBTbhE

On 17/06/2016 00:21, Wolfgang Zenker wrote:
> I'm getting presented a new SSL certificate for svn.freebsd.org.
> Like the previous one, it can not be verified by svnlite on any
> of my 10-STABLE machines, though ca_root_nss is installed. But
> the previous certificate at least matched the fingerprint given
> on https://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/svn.html

The certificate was renewed yesterday -- a routine renewal as the cert
was due to expire within a week.  Looks like the documentation is (as
ever) lagging behind.

Not sure why you can't validate the Gandi cert -- presumably this is due
to missing an intermediate certificate from Gandi which isn't in the
ca_root_nss collection.  In those cases, the server should provide the
intermediate certificates as well as the site certificate, which it
does. (You can use 'openssl s_client' to test, amongst other methods.)

This points towards an error in certificate validation in the svnlite cod=
e.

	Cheers,

	Matthew