Date:      Fri, 13 Oct 1995 11:18:10 +0100 (MET)
From:      Piero Serini <piero@strider.ibenet.it>
To:        davidg@Root.COM
Cc:        combssf@salem.ge.com, hackers@freebsd.org, ache@astral.msk.su
Subject:   Re: Problems with remote Netscape2.0..

Hello.

Quoting from David Greenman (Fri Oct 13 08:29:13 1995):
> >I've seen the same thing, and not yet been able to figure it out.  It's not
> >just with FreeBSD, I've seen it on my Sparc at work while trying to display
> >on my FBSD box at home!
> >> I can succesfully start X-programs logging to main host such as
> >> xeys, xftp, etc, but when I start netscape it says that:
> >> Can't open display: <my_host_name>:0.0
> >> Does anybody have experience on this thing?
>
>    It hasn't ever worked. The only work-around is to specify the IP address of
> the server - e.g.:

Well, it actually works for me. No kidding. I have 3 Netscape running
in this moment, one local, one from a Sun, the 3rd one from a 2.0.5
box. My machine is 1.1.5.1. The Sun and the 2.0.5 machines are on the WAN.

Bye,
--
#        $Id: .signature,v 1.12 1995/08/14 12:10:54 piero Exp $
Piero Serini                                            Via Giambologna, 1