Date:      Wed, 27 Oct 1999 11:02:52 +0100
From:      Karl Pielorz <kpielorz@tdx.co.uk>
To:        CyberMac <cybermac@tuna.egate.net>
Cc:        freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: DPT SmartRAID V ready yet?

CyberMac wrote:

> Hi all!
>
> I noticed that FreeBSD has support for DPT SmartRAID III and IV, and is
> still in the process of making SmartRAID V + I2O drivers available for
> this great OS.  However, is there any other way to make SmartRAID V
> working under FreeBSD 3.3-Release (e.g. use the current available Linux
> driver etc..)? If there is, can someone please give me some hints or URLs
> for such workaround?

Not as far as I know... :(

We have a fleet of SmartRAID IV's, and a lowly SmartRAID V waiting in the
wings [for when the drivers finished] doing NT duty at present.

I've looked around a lot, and I don't think any of the Linux drivers, or other
'cobbled' together solutions are going to cut it...

Looks like we'll have to just go on being patient :)

-Karl