Date:      Sat, 30 Apr 2011 01:39:12 +0530
From:      "Jayachandran C." <c.jayachandran@gmail.com>
To:        Warner Losh <imp@bsdimp.com>
Cc:        freebsd-mips@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 64 bit time_t in 32 bit ABI?

On Sat, Apr 30, 2011 at 12:54 AM, Warner Losh <imp@bsdimp.com> wrote:
> I thought we made all new architectures adopt a 32-bit time_t and that's =
why it is this way.

Although it is not required by standard, having time_t as long is (in
my opinion) would be the least surprising implementation. Having it
'long long' on 32-bit will avoid the 2038 issue, but it also makes us
incompatible with other platforms and might trip up some programs.

That said, if this is a decision that has been taken, we will abide by that=
.

JC.