Date:      Wed, 19 Jun 2002 00:38:02 -0400
From:      Bosko Milekic <bmilekic@unixdaemons.com>
To:        "Scot W. Hetzel" <hetzels@westbend.net>
Cc:        FreeBSD-Stable <FreeBSD-Stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: System running out of mbufs

On Mon, Jun 17, 2002 at 09:22:58PM -0500, Scot W. Hetzel wrote:
> From: "Bosko Milekic" <bmilekic@unixdaemons.com>
> >  Can you try something other than the ET Inc. driver?  They may be
> >  right, but you should still try to make sure.
> >
> There is no other driver for the ET Inc ET/5025PQ QUAD Adapter (4 Port T1).
> The only part of their driver we are using is the pre-compiled et5025.o
> object.  We don't replace if_ethersub.c with if_etherbwmgr.o, as we are
> currently not using any bandwidth management features of the driver.

 Uhm, yeah, I know that there are no other drivers for their devices!
 What I suggested was that you try ANOTHER device entirely with another
 driver.  I have had an unfortunate experience previously where I had
 spent about a day helping someone debug this sort of problem, someone
 who was also using an ET Inc device and finally we reached the
 conclusion that the driver was outdated by some minor interface
 changes.  I had received less than helpful support from the ET Inc guys
 then and I am not about to begin debugging a problem of this sort
 involving their driver until I am sure that it is not their driver that
 is somehow involved in the problem.

> We have tried two different versions of their driver (3.21i & 3.21k),
> without any success to resolving this problem.
>
> Scot

Regards,
--
Bosko Milekic